Jack is an award- winning professional artist, who majored in art and design at Pepperdine University and California College of the Arts. Throughout the decades, he has headed several art-related businesses and has taught art to adults in the USA and abroad. As an artist, muralist and faux painter, he has achieved national and international acclaim for his extraordinary use of light, color and movement. Upon viewing his artworks, people often express an uncanny sense of 'destiny' in finding their way to study with him.
Art tutorials are designed to meet your needs and interests and can include instruction in drawing, painting, sculpture, portraiture, bas-relief, mural-work, faux-finishing and more.
SHAMANIC ART AWAKENING
Come play and explore with professional artist, designer and muralist, Shaman Jack Alexander. This fun and insightful, art & design adventure is available on weekdays. It opens the opportunity for novices to experts to access their emotional body, open their Third Eye, and explore their inner landscape. No previous art talent is required. Through skillful guidance, geared to your unique level of previous art experience (or lack thereof), it includes all materials.
* * BELOW IS AN OUTLINE OF THE PROGRESSION OF SESSIONS.
IT WORKS BEST TO INCLUDE
A WEEKEND FOR EXTRA TIME TO WORK ON YOUR ART PROJECTS * *
WEEKDAY #1: INTRO TO ART MATERIALS PACKAGE (2 hours)
•The initial session focuses instruction on drawing basic shapes, using crayon oil pastels on paper, and implementing shadows, perspective, and detailed highlighting.
WEEKDAY #2: THE ART AND RENDERING OF SELF-PORTRAITURE (3 hours)
• A hands-on exploration of the art of self-portraiture while applying drawing skills of the previous session and additional instruction.
MOVING PAINT (3 hours)
• Time to add acrylic paint washes
over and around your crayon oil pastel self portrait as an overcoat
• Tips on using and applying
acrylic paint for shadow depth
• Instruction in use of highlights
for detailing light source
WEEKDAY #4 : REAWAKENING TO THE WONDERS OF NATURE (3 hours)
• Choosing one or various locations from a guided tour on property, you now create one or more crayon oil pastel drawings and/or paintings of your natural surroundings at Muaisa Hale Pule.• Encouragement is offered to "get creative" in this process and to allow your imagination to explore other realms, which are manifesting and pre-existing around you (e.g., realms of fairies, gnomes, dragons, Alice, the White Rabbit, or anything else you see through your activated imagination)
WEEKDAY #5 : DREAM-VISION ECO-ADVENTURE TO OTHER WORLDS, REALMS, AND DIMENSIONS (approx 7 hours in Hawaii's pristine nature)
Using your applied knowledge from the previous sessions, you will be guided on an eco-adventure and encouraged to explore further your within heart-mind imagination to co-create your master work.
* * * THE ABOVE SESSIONS ARE OFFERED MONDAY -FRIDAY. YOU ARE ENCOURAGED TO SCHEDULE TO INCLUDE A WEEKEND TO GIVE YOURSELF EXTRA TIME OUTSIDE OF CLASS TO WORK ON YOUR ART PROJECTS* * *
• There is no set start date, and no application form is required.
• Simply share your phone #, email address, a selfie and date preferences along with meeting a $2,150 US CHARITABLE CONTRIBUTION THRESHOLD.
• Upon confirmation, we will email you ground transportation tips, driving directions from Kona International Airport (KOA), and a list of NEARBY, AFFORDABLE LODGING OPTIONS. Includes all art supplies and materials.
FOR YOUR ENJOYMENT, IT IS BEST TO ARRIVE/DEPART FROM THE ISLAND
AT LEAST ONE DAY BEFORE/ AFTER THE START/ END OF YOUR PROGRAM.
“Viewing my drawing with your insights felt like I was in an altered state” - 2014
"This changed my life. The tools I took with me are priceless.” -- Guest, 2015