Jack is an award- winning professional artist, who majored in art and design at Pepperdine University and California College of the Arts. Throughout the decades, he has headed several art-related businesses and has taught art to adults in the USA and abroad. As an artist, muralist and faux painter, he has achieved national and international acclaim for his extraordinary use of light, color and movement. Upon viewing his artworks, people often express an uncanny sense of 'destiny' in finding their way to study with him.
Art tutorials are designed to meet your needs and interests and can include instruction in drawing, painting, sculpture, portraiture, bas-relief, mural-work, faux-finishing and more.
SHAMANIC ART AWAKENING
Come play and explore with professional artist, designer and muralist, Shaman Jack Alexander. This fun and insightful, art & design adventure is available on weekdays. It opens the opportunity for novices to experts to access their emotional body, open their Third Eye, and explore their inner landscape. No previous art talent is required. Through skillful guidance, geared to your unique level of previous art experience (or lack thereof), it includes all materials.
* * BELOW IS A SAMPLE SCHEDULE. DETAILS ARE FLEXIBLE AND MAY VARY. * *
DAY #1: INTRO TO ART MATERIALS PACKAGE (2 hours)
• The initial session focuses instruction on drawing basic shapes, using crayon oil pastels on paper, and implementing shadows, perspective, and detailed highlighting.
DAY #2: THE ART AND RENDERING OF SELF-PORTRAITURE (3 hours)
• A hands-on exploration of the art of self-portraiture while applying drawing skills of the previous session and additional instruction.
DAY #3: MOVING PAINT (3 hours)
• Time to add acrylic paint washes
over and around your crayon oil pastel self portrait as an overcoat
• Tips on using and applying
acrylic paint for shadow depth
• Instruction in use of highlights
for detailing light source
DAY #4 : REAWAKENING TO THE WONDERS OF NATURE (3 hours)
• Choosing one or various locations from a guided tour on property, you now create one or more crayon oil pastel drawings and/or paintings of your natural surroundings at Muaisa Hale Pule.
• Encouragement is offered to "get creative" in this process and to allow your imagination to explore other realms, which are manifesting and pre-existing around you (e.g., realms of fairies, gnomes, dragons, Alice, the White Rabbit, or anything else you see through your activated imagination)
Day #5 : DREAM-VISION ECO-ADVENTURE TO OTHER WORLDS, REALMS, AND DIMENSIONS (approx 7 hours in the pristine , natural terrain of Hawaii)
• Using your applied knowledge from the previous sessions, you will be guided on an eco-adventure and encouraged to explore further your within heart-mind imagination to co-create your program's master work.
Note: Along with scheduled sessions, you will be encouraged to put your own time into acquiring the level of skill you wish to achieve. You may choose an 8-day or longer involvement as "practice makes perfect." Enjoying the process -- and allowing yourself to enjoy it -- is encouraged.
• There is no set start date and no application form required.
• Upon confirmation, we will email you ground transportation tips, driving directions from Kona International Airport (KOA), and a list of NEARBY, AFFORDABLE LODGING OPTIONS. Includes all art supplies and materials.
“Viewing my drawing with your insights felt like I was in an altered state” - 2014
* * FOR YOUR ENJOYMENT, IT IS ADVISED THAT YOU ARRIVE ON AND DEPART FROM THE ISLAND AT LEAST ONE DAY BEFORE AND ONE DAY AFTER THE START AND END OF YOUR PROGRAM. * *